Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dear Mike Huckabee: I Am Not Going to Revere You!

Mr. Huckabee: 

Well, I am certainly not going to call you Reverend, am I?

I heard you on television some time ago talking about President Obama's Kenyan influences and his lack of understanding of "America." You were using your grave and serious "man of God teacherish" voice.

Knowing that you are an educated and informed man, I inferred that you were lying. Because you call yourself a Christian and are an ordained minister, I was repulsed. Lying just repulses me in general. Hypocritical Christians... set my teeth on edge.

Of course, you could be deceiving yourself for... power, money, fame, glory, sex appeal... gagging a little... But, I have looked at your Facebook pages. 

I did think you were lying, but you have thousands of seriously ignorant, bat-poopy crazy, and junkyard dog mean women who are ready to do the horizontal tango with you.

Then, recently, I saw one sentence of you being interviewed by John Stewart. You believe that the Republican Party can attract African Americans? You must be psychotic! [Did I dream this?]

Mr. Huckabee, people of color would have to be insane to vote for a party which publicly embraces the blatantly racist, terribly ignorant and emotionally sick "birther" movement! 

 Why would people of color vote for a party that shows so little respect for them and our first African American president? They won't. 

Women would also have to be insane to vote for a party that so obviously has no respect for them, their health and well-being, their economic issues and is brutally callous in addressing them in the public arena. They don't want to get legitimately or illegitimately "raped" by a political party.

Likewise, do not look for support from the scientific community or anyone who needs a real scientific education so the US can do things like... oh... be competitive in the international market place. We cannot be the scientific and technological leaders of the world based on evolution.

Because, as it turns out, we are the only country, except Iran, where religious leaders such as you control education. 

Well, I could just go on and on. Did I mention union members?

Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment