Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dear Republican Voters: May You Get What You Vote For


Dear Voters:

Experience is the best teacher: I learned that as a parent. There were so many lessons that I wanted to tell my child. I did not want her to have to learn some of life's most bitter lessons by suffering.

And, then I learned:  Some lessons can only be learned by suffering. By pain. Often, the pain has to be excruciating or the lesson just won't be learned.

So, Voters, it is my hope that you will get what you vote. I am hoping that you receive KARMA! For Republicans, that means that I am hoping that you are going to suffer like an SOB!

I hope that didn't hurt your feelings! I didn't mean it in a negative way!

If YOU vote for LOW WAGE REPUBLICANS, may YOUR wages be low.

If YOU vote against SOCIAL SECURITY & MEDICARE may YOU never receive it.

If YOU vote against unions, may YOU lose YOUR 40 hr work week, YOUR lunch break, YOUR paid vacation. & all benefits that unions procured for you.

If YOU vote against reproductive health care, may YOU never receive prostate, bladder, or kidney cancer screenings or treatment;  May be have 10 children;  May you pay for every ounce of pregnancy and delivery care yourself;  May you support each child until the age of 25.
.
If YOU vote to legislate YOUR religious views, may YOU be required to follow MY religious views.

If YOU vote for or support a party or politicians that use terms such as "legitimate & illegitimate" rape, may you experience both and write a book about it.

If YOU support & vote for voter suppression & voting fraud, may your vote be disqualified.

If YOU support the corporatization of our democracy, may Bain Capital buy your employer, sell the company to China, ship your job overseas, require you to train your replacement and FIRE YOUR ASS.

And, if YOU vote for those who do not support Unemployment Insurance (because jobs grow on trees) and think the unemployed are slackers, may it take you 2 years to find a job.

If you vote for those...

I think you get the picture!  Please, please... get out of your box! Learn more about the world. I hate suffering. I don't want you to suffer--I really, really don't. I love you! I want you to find another way to learn!

These sound a lot like..., well honestly..., like... curses.  I don't intend them to be curses! I really, really don't!

These are meant to be blessings!  Because, I love you, I really, really do. And, I want you to learn & grow. I certainly do.

Your friend,

Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment