Friday, April 13, 2012

Dear Rock County Elephants

Dear Rock County Republicans:

Oh, now I am getting personal! I know it. I just cannot help myself because I am so filled with love it just overflows everywhere and I cannot stop it--even if I wanted to. I especially love Republicans--some of my best friends are Republicans.

Of course I am altruistic! I want to help you. I want to see you earn and keep the respect of your friends, family, neighbors and even your political opponents. And, yes, that is very possible.

Rock County Republicans, I don't just love you, I adore you! Yes, I am speaking to the Representatives of the 43rd, 44th, and soon the 31st Assembly Districts that are NOW located in Rock County! I have to carry around a map and a magnifying glass to reconcile the actual geography of Rock County after the Republican gerrymandering of Wisconsin in 2011.

Now, that is an interesting word, isn't it? Republican? Why are they called "Republicans" when they have so little concern for the republic and so much concern for the "Corporation" and the profits for which the stand? I have never understood that. Oh, maybe that is a fairly recent development? I digress...

I just love all 3 of you! Well, I do not want to hurt anyone's feeling, but I call you 3 Republican Assembly Wo/men "The Three (Walker) Stooges! Isn't that clever!

I love you, Wynn, Knilans, & Loudenbeck so much that I want you to come home for good!

You are so cute. All of you are so new to politics. New to government--which as Republicans you are supposed to despise which makes me wonder why you wanted government jobs. But,now I am wandering.

I want to know more about your insurance. My (lack of) insurance is a nightmare. Should I run for office? Of course, I should. OK, I am pretty sure I have a point if I can find it...

Oh, I watched you with your fresh young and innocent faces at a meeting as you struggled to answer questions of your constituents at City Hall in Janesville. That is a polite way of saying you looked completely perplexed and couldn't answer the questions. Merciful Lord... I bet you were thanking the Wood Nymphs for ALEC because you couldn't have written a piece of legislation with a private tutor.

A constituent asked you, my dear Mr. Wynn, a question about the science related to water treatment and you didn't understand the terms used in the question. He had to explain it and you still couldn't answer it. Oh, honey...

Mr. Knilans thought that each classroom had more money after the budget was cut and couldn't explain how or where the money came from if the budget had been dramatically cut. Sweetheart, you voted for that budget...

Ah...the star of the group, Ms. Loudenbeck punted a lot. That was smart, except it still gave the impression that you didn't know the answers...

Mr. Knilans, you didn't know that the voter ID issues had already been thoroughly researched and it had been found that ID fraud is such a tiny problem that it is not really worth spending millions of dollars to correct. It is an itsy bitsy insignificant problem. You hadn't read the research--didn't know the research existed. Why not? I researched it as a private citizen. People in the audience were looking at each other and feeling sorry for you--you looked so uncomfortable.

None of Walker's Rock County Stooges were able to answer a question about how the transportation budget works and Sen. Cullen had to step in and answer--our great Democratic Senator had to answer a number of their questions. Now is that irony? Or, is it just plain pathetic?

But, I had no idea you 3 Walker Stooges worked so hard! 265 pieces of legislation in 1 1/2 years? Oh, wait! You didn't write OUR legislation! ALEC did! Well, the thought was nice.

You know, only a few of you are going on to the alphabet street--to the big consulting jobs in the sky? Only a few of you are going to get rich? Welcome home to the rest of you!

You gave up everything, but now you will find out what happens to people who love corporations and parties more than their friends and... well I don't want to hurt your feellings, but...well to those who should have just stayed on the farm, so to speak.

Ohhhhhhh....Rock County's 3 R's--you are not going to K Street! You may or may not keep your seats for a bit. But, there is no corporate jet in your future, no job at a think tank--gotta be able to think for that. You do not have a big political future. You have lost all respect--if you ever had any--from you old friends, neighbors, former co-workers... You are not going to get a teaching job. You do not have any social skills to fall back on--gotta smile and shake a few hands. You are not brilliant states wo/men. You are not visionaries. You were chosen by the WI GOP because you would go along to get along and support the Koch Brothers and Walker. It wasn't your raw talent, education, intelligence... Oh...that was harsh. Forgive me.

I love you. I really, really do. And, I truly hope you retire soon and let someone else take on this ugly, ugly job. Hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

Your friend,
Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment