Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dear Republican Leaders: Why oh Why?

Dear Republican Leaders:

Why do I keep thinking about you? I must ask my therapist. I also think about train crashes, fires, car wrecks, cancer, and rare diseases. Hmmm...?

You are so, so, so misbegotten and so, so, so needy. I don't even know where to begin. Is it ever too late? You need more love than... my little white lap dog. You are a lot like her in fact. You just don't know when to SHUT UP!

Darling Republican Leaders: Quit talking about women and anything to do with our lady parts. Rape. Abortion. Women's Reproductive Health Care.

I am going to talk to you like your mothers, wives, sisters, and lovers ought to: You are scientifically & medically illiterate; morally bankrupt; AND, slavering political syncophants who would sell your mothers into sexual slavery to win an election.

Since you have no judgement, take it from me:

STOP TALKING ABOUT WOMEN'S LADY PARTS.

But... But... But...

I am waiting breathlessly for you to take a strong public stand against rape. Take a strong public stand against incest. Take a strong public stand against domestic abuse. Take a strong public stand against all violence -- especially against women and children.

Take a stand against those men and boys who perform sex acts on girls & women who are unable to give informed consent because they are too young, mentally ill or emotionally disturbed, intellectually handicapped, physically handicapped, or debilitated by drugs or alcohol.

Take a stand against men who use their positions of power and authority to take advantage against the vulnerable: ministers, doctors, politicians... You?

I am waiting. We are waiting. Be heroes.

You can stand up for (I simply cannot believe it!) a fertilized egg that has not been implanted. That are not yet sentient beings. Women are sentient beings. Stand up for us. Yes, you can!

I believe in you! YOU CAN DO IT! Why oh why don't you?

Your friend,

Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment