Friday, May 4, 2012

Dear LAD's


Dear LAD's:

Oh, look what you have done! You know how I hate vulgarity and yet you have forced me into it. I love you to death, quite literally, but I do wish you had chosen another name for yourselves.

Lazy A@@#$% Democrats: I am talking to you. Democrats who are too lazy to vote. 

But, I am not being selective. I am inclusive. I am also speaking to swing "mostly non" voters. And, non-voting moderates. Lazy independents. Non-voting tree huggers. Oh, and independents who (don't) "vote for the person or the issue."

I do just love you to death! I could just squeeze you til you cry! I could pinch your cheeks black and blue. I could...stop it, Vivian!

My goodness, my all time favorites are people who don't vote on principle. Yes, one of you told me that she was on Social Security and Medicare, believes that all politicians are crooks, hates politics, and therefore refuses to vote. Speechless. Simply speechless. That doesn't happen every day.

Other than the principled non-voters, are the rest of you simply too lazy to vote? Too lazy to read a newspaper? Too lazy to visit city hall and register to vote? Too lazy to look up voter and voting information on the internet?

OH, NO! You weren't too lazy! You were watching television! On Facebook? There is actually a lot of excellent political information on Facebook. No? Golf? Bowling? Working on your lawn? Talking on your cell phone? Texting!?! 

So, what were you doing? Getting a root canal? 


I love Democrats and I am a Yeller Dog Democrat. (Google it for God's sake; what am I--your mother?)

But, honestly, Dems would rather get a root canal than vote.

And, Republicans would rather vote than take a free trip to Hawaii.

So, Democrats, Independents, independents, Greens, environmentalists, swing voters, recovered/moderate Republicans--for goodness sake VOTE!!! You are getting on my nerves.

VOTE like your life depends on it; like your health care depends on it; like your income depends on it; like your retirement depends on it; like having a job depends on it; like our schools depend on it; like your children's future depends on it...need I say more?

And, take everyone in your family and a few friends with you.

Stop with this, "Oh, I forgot...had to go to the convenience store...just quit smoking...felt nervous that day...over-slept...had a bad hair day...lost my toothbrush...needed a haircut...huh?" stuff and VOTE!

Oh, dear! Hope I didn't hurt your feelings. 

Don't forget: The only way to recall Walker is to vote on June 5 for the Democrat who wins the May 8 Primary.

And, darlin', if ever you don't know who to vote for? All you have to do is ask!

I love you! I really, really do!

Your friend,

Vivian

~~From the CapTimes:  Walker, Barrett in Dead Heat, Poll Says by Bill Novak
Governor Scott Walker and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett are in a virtual tie in the recall election, according to a new poll released Wednesday.
The Marquette University Law School poll said Barrett, who lost to Walker in the governor's race in 2010, has a 47 percent to 46 percent lead on the governor among registered voters, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel said. The one-percentage point lead goes to Walker when considering only likely voters.

No comments:

Post a Comment