Tuesday, March 28, 2017

DEAR DEM PARTY POOPERS

Party Poopers, sit down and listen up.

With nothing but loving kindness in my heart, I say to you, “Get over it already!” Buck up! Quit yer whining! And, for Gawd’s sake, grow up!

While you are at it, quit with the fake news sites already!

You don’t like how the Democratic Party operates? Oh, boo hoo! Those lazy-assed volunteers don’t get around to everything you think that they should do? Bummer. The entire 20 paid staff members for the entire state of Wisco don’t do enough? Lazy slobs.

Why don’t you do it? Yes, you! For free. In your spare time. While you hold down a full-time job, raise a family, and keep your car in running condition.

Wait… You don’t belong ? What!?! You have never belonged!?! Uhhh? You never paid fees. You never donated. You never volunteered.

And, they don’t listen to you? Imagine that. I assume that you have called, written letters, and sent emails outlining your vastly superior ideas. I know that I have – many, many, many times.

You don’t like fund-raisers? You didn’t get an invite? You can’t afford it? They are just for the elite of the Democratic Party?

Why, yes, they are. That is why they are called “FUND raisers.” They are not free. They are not charity. It does take money to run for office, to run the party, to elect Democrats.

Did the country club to invite you to their next shin-dig? No, they didn’t because you don’t belong. I cannot afford the country club. I hate the concept of country clubs. But, I am not asking them to invite me and then getting angry because they didn’t.

Have your own party. Make it a pot-luck. Have a keg. Invite anyone you please.

Oh, wait! You didn’t even know about the event?  Yes, people used to ask me all they time why they didn’t know about events. The answer: Read a newspaper. Check the Facebook page every day. Check the web-page. Join and get on the mailing list.

To the best of my very limited knowledge, The Democratic Party and the DNC is a private club. It operates for the sole purpose of electing Democrats and perhaps even sometimes supporting the Democratic Party Platform.

It is not a democracy. The majority does not rule. It isn’t even a constitutional republic.

The purpose is to elect Democrats to the top of the ticket. Whatever other programs exist, I haven’t seen in operation.

As in all such organizations, people seek power, influence, and money even when there is very little to be had – or, none at all. People fight like cats and dogs for county Dem Party offices that pay nothing but a generous headache.


It is a bureaucracy. Doing anything at all requires navigating 5,000 levels of hierarchy. The “We have never done it that way before” crowd wins most decisions.

I am sure that there are county parties that engage in a lot of activism – but, I haven’t seen it.

It isn’t fair and doesn’t claim to be.  I am from a small county and I wouldn’t get to go to a convention if I donated a million dollars. So, if you are new to politics, get used to it.

Or, do what I am doing. Start your own f’ing group of awesome activists! No elections. No bureaucracy.  

Do I love the Dem Party? No. I f’ing hate it. But, I will be voting Democratic till the day I die.

Warmly, 
VLL


1 comment:

  1. It is very easy to attend the Congressional District and State Conventions. It is amazing to see the speeches and to vote on the resolutions and platform (every other year). This is not a platform year.

    ReplyDelete